Author Clicks in clutch lever  (Read 1827 times)

Offline Sunrazor   se

• Transalp Member  ‐    36
  • Topic Author

Offline Sunrazor

• Transalp Member
  • Topic Author
Clicks in clutch lever
on: July 30, 2023, 11:56:16 pm
July 30, 2023, 11:56:16 pm
The mechanic told me it's the design of the clutch that causes a clicking feel sometimes In the clutch lever. It is designed for a quickshifter he said. Just curious if others have this or is it just mine? If he is right it should be on every Transalp 750.

• Offline scandiuz   be

• Transalp Member  ‐    37

Offline scandiuz

• Transalp Member
    Re: Clicks in clutch lever
    Reply #1 on: July 31, 2023, 06:36:34 am
    July 31, 2023, 06:36:34 am
    I do not have a quickshifter, but also I do not get any particular click. Maybe I'm missing somthing. Could you define better the click of the clutch? When does it happen? During release or in another moment?

Cheers, V.

Offline Sunrazor   se

• Topic Author

Offline Sunrazor

• Transalp Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #2 on: July 31, 2023, 07:19:00 am
    July 31, 2023, 07:19:00 am
    *Originally Posted by scandiuz [+]
    I do not have a quickshifter, but also I do not get any particular click. Maybe I'm missing somthing. Could you define better the click of the clutch? When does it happen? During release or in another moment?

Cheers, V.

I don't have a quickshifter either. Hard to explain. To me it feels like the clutch basket sticks sometimes. Usually on calm acceleration and normal shifts.

Griff

Griff

Reply #3 on: July 31, 2023, 09:10:36 am
    July 31, 2023, 09:10:36 am
    Yes I have felt that click also. I was wondering about clutch end float, but if it was that I would have thought it would happen more regularly. This is intermittent. I must have a closer look at the lever and cable interaction. I don't have a quickshifter.
    Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 09:11:31 am by Griff

Offline Sunrazor   se

• Topic Author

Offline Sunrazor

• Transalp Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #4 on: July 31, 2023, 09:14:02 am
    July 31, 2023, 09:14:02 am
    *Originally Posted by Griff [+]
    Yes I have felt that click also. I was wondering about clutch end float, but if it was that I would have thought it would happen more regularly. This is intermittent. I must have a closer look at the lever and cable interaction. I don't have a quickshifter.

Yes it's intermittent on my bike aswell. I suppose the mechanic is right then. It's due to the clutch being designed to handle a quickshifter.

Griff

Griff

Reply #5 on: July 31, 2023, 09:20:59 am
    July 31, 2023, 09:20:59 am
    Not sure of that. I will investigate further. Have mentioned it to my Mechanic.

Offline Sunrazor   se

• Topic Author

Offline Sunrazor

• Transalp Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #6 on: July 31, 2023, 09:44:59 am
    July 31, 2023, 09:44:59 am
    Not sure of that. I will investigate further. Have mentioned it to my Mechanic.

Not sure either. That's why I posted here. Let me know what you find out please. It's fairly annoying when it happens. :028:

Griff

Griff

Reply #7 on: July 31, 2023, 09:50:25 am
    July 31, 2023, 09:50:25 am
    Just spoke with my mechanic. He does not believe there is a special clutch to deal with the quickshifter. He does confirm that a slipper clutch will sometimes precipitate a feeling of the lever moving slightly when opening and closing the throttle, but that is not what I am feeling. I do get that on my Strom. My other theory was some sort of interaction between the clutch cable nipple and the lever if there is some sort of imperfection in either. I will investigate that further prob later today. My overriding feeling is that it is happening at the lever or at the other end of the cable.
    Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 09:51:15 am by Griff

Offline Sunrazor   se

• Topic Author

Offline Sunrazor

• Transalp Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #8 on: July 31, 2023, 10:05:28 am
    July 31, 2023, 10:05:28 am
    Just spoke with my mechanic. He does not believe there is a special clutch to deal with the quickshifter. He does confirm that a slipper clutch will sometimes precipitate a feeling of the lever moving slightly when opening and closing the throttle, but that is not what I am feeling. I do get that on my Strom. My other theory was some sort of interaction between the clutch cable nipple and the lever if there is some sort of imperfection in either. I will investigate that further prob later today. My overriding feeling is that it is happening at the lever or at the other end of the cable.

Interesting. My fear is that the clutch basket when pulled apart by the lever sticks sometimes due to some manufacturing flaw. But I agree it feels like it's actually in the lever and/or cable. Also interesting in a way that we have the exact same thing.

Offline Sunrazor   se

• Topic Author

Offline Sunrazor

• Transalp Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #9 on: July 31, 2023, 11:38:36 am
    July 31, 2023, 11:38:36 am
    Was going for a ride now but noticed the clutch arm has a fairly loud squeaking noise coming from it. This turns out to be a lemon. Moisture in display, clutch handle clicks, clutch arm squeaks and it vibrates from badly balanced wheels (imo). I am seriously thinking about changing it for something else.

telegraph-coming