Author 65 kms with the new Transalp  (Read 1078 times)

• Offline scandiuz   be

• Transalp Member  ‐    37
    • Topic Author

Offline scandiuz

• Transalp Member
    • Topic Author
    65 kms with the new Transalp
    on: July 10, 2023, 01:20:45 pm
    July 10, 2023, 01:20:45 pm
    Got mine on Saturday morning.... :046:

I went immediately on a short tour to get the feeling of the new bike, compared to the old CB500X 2019. As obvious, the feeling is completely different. It's much more than an "inflated" CB500X as someone said to me. Much better suspensions, feeling an the ride is quite smoother. Of course this is expected from the difference in price!
    Very suprised as it feels much lighter because the weight IMHO is quite lower if compared to the 500X, and I appreciated the better seat.
    Now waiting for the accessories to be mounted at the first service!
    In the meantime, here she is:

• Offline tvinnefossen   de

• Transalp Member  ‐    36

Offline tvinnefossen

• Transalp Member
    • Bike: CB500X/XL750
    Re: 65 kms with the new Transalp
    Reply #1 on: July 10, 2023, 02:56:06 pm
    July 10, 2023, 02:56:06 pm
    Congratulation, looks great in this color. I´m really suprised and impressed! But happy with my black one. All time a safety ride!
    Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 03:01:28 pm by tvinnefossen

Offline Sunrazor   se

Offline Sunrazor

• Transalp Member
    Reply #2 on: July 10, 2023, 06:23:49 pm
    July 10, 2023, 06:23:49 pm
    In my opinion it bounces around quite a bit. Almost to the point where I started to wonder if it needs the wheels balanced. But the dealer told me this is the Transalp thing. I dunno. I like the bike alot but at least mine is quite bouncy. Glad to hear your happy with it 😊

• Offline scandiuz   be

• Transalp Member  ‐    37
    • Topic Author

Offline scandiuz

• Transalp Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #3 on: July 11, 2023, 09:26:24 am
    July 11, 2023, 09:26:24 am
    *Originally Posted by tvinnefossen [+]
    Congratulation, looks great in this color. I´m really suprised and impressed! But happy with my black one. All time a safety ride!

Thanks! Indeed the colour is nice. I did not want to go down the nostalgia route with the colour.

In my opinion it bounces around quite a bit. Almost to the point where I started to wonder if it needs the wheels balanced. But the dealer told me this is the Transalp thing. I dunno. I like the bike alot but at least mine is quite bouncy. Glad to hear your happy with it 😊

Have you tried to play with the pre-load? I do not have this feeling. But maybe because I got lucky and the roads I took so far are quite smooth....

Cheers, V.

Offline Sunrazor   se

Offline Sunrazor

• Transalp Member
    Reply #4 on: July 11, 2023, 09:47:53 am
    July 11, 2023, 09:47:53 am
    *Originally Posted by scandiuz [+]
    Have you tried to play with the pre-load? I do not have this feeling. But maybe because I got lucky and the roads I took so far are quite smooth....

I have in the back but the dealer told me to leave the front alone as it only ruins the gravel performance. It is setup for a 70kg rider from factory. The rear was way to soft for me. But 2 clicks up in the back sorted that. But it still has a weird feeling in the fork. Perhaps I am too used to my old V-Strom 1050. That floated over everything. But it was too heavy to be used for gravel and that's why the Transalp.

• Offline Blackrockfox   gb

• Transalp Pro  ‐    65

Offline Blackrockfox

• Transalp Pro
    • Bike: XL750 Transalp
    Reply #5 on: July 11, 2023, 07:23:54 pm
    July 11, 2023, 07:23:54 pm
    I found that it could get a bit bouncy on bumpy roads when ridden fast. That was on a demo bike though. My DL650 didn't do that.

Offline Sunrazor   se

Offline Sunrazor

• Transalp Member
    Reply #6 on: July 12, 2023, 10:28:19 am
    July 12, 2023, 10:28:19 am
    *Originally Posted by Blackrockfox [+]
    I found that it could get a bit bouncy on bumpy roads when ridden fast. That was on a demo bike though. My DL650 didn't do that.

Yeah it's just how this bike is I am told. I am fine with it. You get used to it. The advantage is that you actually feel the road and what the wheels are doing. Not a bad thing for an adventure bike. My V-Strom felt totally disconnected albeit the comfort was better.

• Offline Blackrockfox   gb

• Transalp Pro  ‐    65

Offline Blackrockfox

• Transalp Pro
    • Bike: XL750 Transalp
    Reply #7 on: July 12, 2023, 11:55:10 am
    July 12, 2023, 11:55:10 am
    Thanks for the information, I do not ride fast most of the time anyway, I was just pushing to find the limits on the demo.

I find that the seat is better for me than the V-Strom in that I have Arthritis and after an hour the seat becomes unbearable on the Suzuki.
    The Transalp still is painful but bearable for some reason.

Feedback from a bike is very important.

Offline Itarian   ro

• Transalp Member  ‐    12

Offline Itarian

• Transalp Member
    Reply #8 on: August 02, 2023, 05:14:48 pm
    August 02, 2023, 05:14:48 pm
    Yes, a much different ride from the Tenere 700.  I did up the front and back preload which instantly felt better.  I've notice it is also more sensitive to a shifting center of balance as there is more weight in the back.  The front wheel does feel more bounce/wobble with the additional weight.

Griff

Griff

Reply #9 on: August 02, 2023, 07:44:42 pm
    August 02, 2023, 07:44:42 pm
    *Originally Posted by Sunrazor [+]

Over really rough roads there is an element of underdamping in the shock at speed over big dips and humps in the road.  I think it is also a tad under sprung for my 90kg riding weight. The rest of the time it handles well and gives a plush ride. I have ramped the spring preload up to the second highest position to help cope. I have left just one notch for gear carriage. I have no issues with the fork to date.
    Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 07:47:05 pm by Griff

telegraph-coming