Author Denali Dial Dim controller and auxilliary lights  (Read 1267 times)

Offline jonti   gb

• Transalp Member  ‐    27
  • Topic Author

Offline jonti

• Transalp Member
  • Topic Author
Denali Dial Dim controller and auxilliary lights
on: January 07, 2024, 04:38:28 pm
January 07, 2024, 04:38:28 pm
I personally, don't like the upper body crash bars on the Transalp but wanted to fit auxilliary lights.  It has taken some time but, with slight modifications, I fitted a light bar from the Yamaha Tenere and some right angle plates.  This takes some time since you have to take all the side panels off and lift the petrol tank to allow threading of all the cabling.  I have 2 Denali D3 lights and 2 cheap Chinese spot lights set up so that the Denali lights are at 30% during normal dipped beam daylight running lights  and then on full beam all 4 lights come on 100%.  Having covered the spot lights with adhesive amber film I have set them up to flash in sync with the indicators and the Denali D3 on the same side automatically switches off.   I have attached photos.  hope this is of use to some of you.  i have a video of the indicators in use but cannot find a way to upload.

Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 04:46:00 pm by jonti

Offline Pascal   fr

• Transalp Newbie  ‐    4

Offline Pascal

• Transalp Newbie
  • Bike: transalp 750
Re: Denali Dial Dim controller and auxilliary lights
Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 09:43:49 pm
January 16, 2024, 09:43:49 pm
I would be pleased to know how you have installed your lights because i don't see anything on the motorbike to set them at this place !
Thanks

Offline jonti   gb

• Topic Author

Offline jonti

• Transalp Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 10:00:31 pm
January 16, 2024, 10:00:31 pm
it took a bit of bloody-mindedness, to be honest.  I found that the Yamaha Tenere has a light bar that connects to the fairing support which is similar to the Honda.  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004613131652.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.21.21ef18024G4yX5      The holes needed to be adapted a little to make them fit.  However, this part would be too recessed on the Honda so I found a 9mm internal diameter stainless steel tube which I cut to 2 x 35 mm long tubes and then using 50mm M8 bolts pushed the light bar out to where I wanted.   found on Amazon   https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09WN1RH53?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details                    to provide right angle brackets that I fitted the lights to.    I hope this makes sense but if not let me know and I will try to take close-up photos of the fittings.  I am waiting to change some of the bolts and nuts for marine grade black stainless steel security bolts and nuts so that hopefully it will look better without any shiny nuts visible and stop any sticky-fingered vermin trying to steal the lights!!!

Offline Pascal   fr

Offline Pascal

• Transalp Newbie
Reply #3 on: January 19, 2024, 11:01:46 am
January 19, 2024, 11:01:46 am
Thank you for this quick response !
I think I understand the assembly but I would like some photos to be sure.
From the front, the look is nice but I would also like to have photos if possible from the side in order to see the integration.
I am also hesitant with mounting on the fork tubes of the motorcycle with this type of part :
https://www.amazon.fr/LQKYWNA-Tout-Terrain-Dextension-Projecteur-Pare-Chocs/dp/B08PFNH891/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_fr_FR=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&crid=TS0AGXBSO2XY&keywords=support+feux+moto&psr=EY17&qid=1705661940&s=todays-deals&sprefix=support+feux+moto%2Ctodays-deals%2C86&sr=1-1-catcorr

Offline jonti   gb

• Topic Author

Offline jonti

• Transalp Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: January 19, 2024, 11:44:24 am
January 19, 2024, 11:44:24 am
I thought about the same fittings but wanted the lights to be always pointing forward so wanted them fitted to a sold part of the bike.  I will post pics but waiting for my black bolts and nuts to arrive so will wait till all are installed.  they are meant to arrive some time next week.  Also should have stated that the fixing, i have used does not interfere with full lock in both directions

Offline jonti   gb

• Topic Author

Offline jonti

• Transalp Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #5 on: January 28, 2024, 03:01:45 pm
January 28, 2024, 03:01:45 pm
Hi Pascal, here are some more photos  but I think you should also look at this other guy's idea which I think is in some ways neater than my system https://www.transalpowners.com/threads/spot-light-bar.583/

Offline Pascal   fr

Offline Pascal

• Transalp Newbie
Reply #6 on: February 03, 2024, 09:58:10 pm
February 03, 2024, 09:58:10 pm
Thanks for the informations and the pictures! Indeed, Spesh's solution also seems very relevant. I'm going to study these solutions but I need to think about how to fix my lights because they're designed to be fixed on tubes...

Offline jonti   gb

• Topic Author

Offline jonti

• Transalp Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #7 on: February 03, 2024, 11:40:49 pm
February 03, 2024, 11:40:49 pm

telegraph-coming